Wednesday, September 21, 2011
One Cool Technique with Clear Embossing Powder
Welcome to the FB Design Divas OBG (Oldies But Goodies) Blog Hop. You should have arrived here from seeing the very creative card my friend Angie's created on her blog, Angie's Stampin Space. The theme of the hop is to create something using at least one thing from our supplies that we have not used for 6 months or more. Once you are done here, you are welcome to continue on the hop and head over to see what a beautiful creation Heather created on her blog, Heather's Coffee Break. To go on the hop from start to finish, Carolyn's blog is the first blog on the hop.
About my card:
My oldies but goodies on this card are the stamps. I used a retired Stampin' Up! background (Weathered) stamp and 2 current stamp sets Inspired by Nature and A Word For You. All of which I have not used for at least 6 months.
The technique on this card is a variant of the emboss resist technique. See below for the steps for creating this card.
1. Stamped Crumb Cake card stock with Weathered background stamp with Soft Suede Classic ink.
2. Inked up Inspired by Nature flower stamp with Versamark and stamp over previously stamped Crumb Cake piece.
3. Sprinkled on clear embossing powder and heated.
4. Heavily sponged Soft Suede ink over entire Crumb Cake piece so that it was completely covered.
5. Used paper towel to wipe ink off of embossed image allowing image to show through dark ink.
6. Adhered triangles of Mocha Morning DSP to Soft Suede base card.
7. Adhered embossed panel on card.
8. Stamped Happy Anniversary on scrap of Crumb Cake card stock, cut notch and set brad and adhered to card with Stampin' Dimensionals.